November 30, 2008



Another day, but a new dollar.
After years of dreaming, we closed on the pizza shop deal this week.
Our first day of business was Friday, after Thanksgiving.

After a three month return to work, from maternity leave...
I was finally able to walk out the doors at Morgan Stanley for the last time, a week ago Friday.
After six years - I was quite relieved, even though it is bittersweet, as I am leaving behind some great working relationships.. but walking away with a couple good friendships.
After all these years of planning, dreaming, hoping, wishing, and wondering how we could even swing it...
Here we are, in the heat of it all. The few days of lag between my final day with the firm, and our first day as business owners was keeping me on the edge of my seat a tad bit. Now, here we are, ready to move forward and breath some new life into the family pizzeria.
Named after Mike, Luke's father, Michael's Pizzeria has been Luke's only full time gig, since he was a kid.
I suppose I may have a few toes in my mouth on this, but... I always used to tell him that he should get a real job, and how ironic, after all these years, he gets to keep the same job, and now I can call it a real job... There are lots of fond memories for everyone, at the shop- dating back to the Eighties. We've spent years building our own case study/analysis, and developing a theory... so, now we have the opportunity, and responsibility to see if we are right. Luke is fortunate enough to have a 'college education' of sorts in the pizza business, and has wonderful family know-how to draw from.
This new venture definitely tops our list of 'most exciting moments in life' for each of us, independently, and together. This will give us the opportunity to grow our business, and raise our family in the most ideal way- I get to stay home with the Vinster, and maybe a future sister?? Brother?? And together we will try our best to operate the business into success it has never seen.
~
And of course, being the dreamers that we are...
we intend to eventually take over Jacksontown, own a few rental properties, and also take over the Jacktown pub, tear it down, and build a nice new shiny pizzeria on the corner... and in the process, get rid of all those ridiculous and obnoxious Harleys... buy up the country store, and a few other places... then take over that huge horse ranch at the outskirts of town, maybe it'll be our next house....?? :)
Certainly fits the glove of our dreamy takeover, eh? At that rate, we'll be Jacktowners for life.
On a more realistic note, we are feeling very blessed to have this opportunity, and we are very much looking forward to our future as small time business owners.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am soo soo proud of you guys! This is a dream come true for you and I hope you have the best success a hometown pizzeria could ask for! Also, good luck on your ventures to take Jacksontown over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, congrats again! i love reading your ideas for the whole town, not just the fab pizzeria! the thanksgiving pix & captions below are lovely - vinny's got the BEST smile & hilarious about granpa & the gray drool! love, auntie kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! When are you going to Fed-Ex me a pie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I really think that you should add a whole food pizza to the menu. I will sell you recipe for good price, yes?

    -An anonymous potential customer

    ReplyDelete