July 7, 2008

SuMmEr SaLe

~Happy July~

This weekend we celebrated independence day... by having a yard sale.
With some help from the Georges, and from family, we managed to scrounge up a pocket of vacation cash.

This summer we are fortunate enough to be taking our first family vacation.
I just found out.. I was lucky enough that my paid maternity leave policy was just changed from 12 to 16 weeks,
giving me an extra four weeks at home with the little man... we already had vacation planned,
so this is even better!!!

In less than 2 weeks... we will be oceanside, with the Georges.

**Below is one of my favorite shots from last years visit**
(Lyon, Mindy, Jory, and Gunnar) Shoot, besides our honeymoon last year we'd never been on a vacation.
This year we will retreat to the same place- Topsail Island, North Carolina.

A few notable differences this year.
I will NOT be pregnant. Which means I get the pleasure or ordering Yuengling with my food if I so desire.
Baby Vinny in tow. All Baby Vinny's accessories in tow. No space leftover.
Best friends in tow. The two best. More fun to go around.
Two men. Golfing buddies. Grilling buddies.
Two women. Beach bums (with beach bum babies).
Fishing, swimming (not me!!), sunbathing, relaxing....
We can't stop talking about it.
~
I've included some pics below, from our yard sale this weekend,
compliments of Miss Mindy.

Miss Mindy (taken by Gunnar).
Unca Lyon, and chubby-bubby V.
Sister Tracy, in a gorgeous maternity shower curtain.
I had three of these, and we almost talked Mamabear into making three dresses...
Miss Mindy, Sister Tracy, and me..

Gunnar lovin' on V.

Miss Mindy telling us how she really feels
about sitting in the yard all weekend in the almost 90 degrees of sun.
Ky givin' baby V some love.
Gundog trying to figure out whether he really wants his underwear on or off.
Luke with Gunar- you know that's a bag of golfballs and an iron in his hand..
and there we are.




4 comments:

  1. We had a great weekend with the Egger Family and can't WAIT for our vacation week with the 3 of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these pix, it sounds like the yard sale was fun: gettin' your mom to make shower curtain dresses looks like a great idea based on that shot of tracy! VERY excellent news about paid leave: U will have a GRAND time with the georges! but why won't U swim at topsail?! i send this 2 U from victoria, vancouver island, canada. i'm off to swim myself in "beaver lake" aloha, auntie kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Glad you made "vaca-cash"! Nothing better than a good vacation! Can't wait for mine in September! Even though I'm not going to the beach!! Love you guys bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shower curtain dress will look much better on me with a flat stomach....I gotta get to the doctor to have my thyroid problem fixed. Lol!

    ReplyDelete