April 10, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday

Breathe in for 10, breathe out for 10.
(through my nose)
I love Tuesday.
I love knowing Monday is over with.
Wednesday, I stand on the hump and damn myself for wishing my days away into darkness. Rushing the week until it becomes last week. It serves no purpose other than to irritate you. Why bother hoping it's over quickly, when you never wanted it to start? That wasn't so long ago either. Why bother wishing, hoping, and thinking of time as moving faster, or slower?
My new goal:
I love all days, I just love Tuesdays the most.
I love the cloudy days, and they'll make me happy, but I just love the sun shining the most.
The cold days will excite me!
I'll go skipping to my car each morning, chirping a song.
Like a nerdy bird.
Whatever.
Since I love Tuesdays, I decided to stop freaking out about my life, and just do what I wanted. Smiling. Music. Picking at my house and watching the yard get dark; wishing it wouldn't. (again!) I'm thinking to myself that it's funny, how spring really makes people look like ants. The climate changes and our behavior changes like ants. We go running out the doors, whacking down Mother Nature's winter remnants. Carrying out bag after box of trash, piling the curb. Digging around in garages, buildings, and cars. Stripping off layers, and pondering moving hats, scarves and gloves to the attic. OK, so as of this week, it's cold and things are quiet. Flowers frozen face down. HALTED. The birds are reminding me... it's really here; Spring.
The happiest time for us little ants.
And, on the upside, you just reached poetry moment.
There is no placing of a marker
Pinpointing the issue is an impossible task
Days go by, one into the next
Cycling and circling my life
There are days, and there are moments
This is a new beginning; a fresh start
Both feet down, outreached arms
Blindness, and I turn my face
There is no resolve in avoidance
There is no light in blindness
There is no advice for deaf ears
Shine the light on yourself
Pull your head back, chin up
Plaster the smile and dry your eyes
Life is strange, people are worse
Adopt a new attitude
Stick to your guns, go down fighting
There is no winning of a race
First place is not the issue here
You are yourself, therefore first
Regardless of opportunity
Make way, create steam, find your way
Keep your eyes open
If not for yourself
Someone else may need to look into them
And find their place.
~M.D.M.12/7/05

No comments:

Post a Comment