Friday finally. The last Friday that I am only a quarter of a century old. Next Friday, I'll be older. Next Friday, we will all be older; yes, I realize I am hung up on this one. In my particular case, as well as one of my best... my longest time friend, Arminda. She shares this burden with me every year, especially this year. She is only a day younger than I. It makes a month of difference, but connected days. So I at least have one person that is not saying "So, I'm older than you" or "Who cares?" I know that no one cares, it is my stinkin' birthday anyhow. My Arminda though, she is on this boat with me, as always. So we can eat our cheese together, slurp our wine like babies, and feel okay about it. Funny, I found myself saying, as often as usual, how I wish my weeks into weekends. Then find myself begging the weekend to slow its pace. So much of life, I spend working. So much of my free time I spend driving. So much of it is gone to work. There is this tiny little amount of 'freedom' left over. Left over to be divided up among the chores of being an adult, a homeowner, a pet owner, a truck owner, a credit card owner.. ha, not as if it's owning, just owe-ing. An owner of all of these appliances and technologies that tend to fail you; often even to mention here. An owner of responsibility to oneself, one's loved ones, one's boss. Responsibility to avoid ignorance, as much as possible. Duties to oneself are big, heavy, and never ending. Duties to others are as persistent as any other. Funny, a word I choose many times, in many meanings, in many place, and in many sentences. Funny...
In Honor of Funny
11/22/05
Funny, how you see it coming.
It was a mile away and you knew it.
Funny, how you felt it happening.
Right in your face at that moment and you knew it.
Silly of you to sit back, and watch;
Seeing it, and knowing it, you wait.
Funny, how you thought you could stop it;
Yet you saw it coming.
Silly of you to be so funny.
Right in your face at that moment;
And you blew it.
Standing there straining your eyes, waiting.
Stop asking questions, you already blew it.
You saw it, and felt it, so you knew it.
It came to your place,
And up in your face as if you didn’t know it.
Staring you down, yet you blow it.
Stop asking your questions, it’s over.
Funny, how you didn’t see it coming.
Funny, how naive you were, then blew it.
Funny, how you see it coming.
It was a mile away and you knew it.
Funny, how you felt it happening.
Right in your face at that moment and you knew it.
Silly of you to sit back, and watch;
Seeing it, and knowing it, you wait.
Funny, how you thought you could stop it;
Yet you saw it coming.
Silly of you to be so funny.
Right in your face at that moment;
And you blew it.
Standing there straining your eyes, waiting.
Stop asking questions, you already blew it.
You saw it, and felt it, so you knew it.
It came to your place,
And up in your face as if you didn’t know it.
Staring you down, yet you blow it.
Stop asking your questions, it’s over.
Funny, how you didn’t see it coming.
Funny, how naive you were, then blew it.
Right in front of your face at that moment.
I told you that you knew it.
Silly of you to be so funny.
I told you that you knew it.
Silly of you to be so funny.
~MdM
No comments:
Post a Comment