visiting Aunt Moose & Uncle Kevin... found myself enjoying some free time with an old companion from my past... Some tasty Yuengling.. (mmmmmmmmmm) After harassing the Artman's and Nana for leaving me all by myself while the kiddo's nap for the afternoon (they all went shopping)... I made sure to clarify that the ONLY reason I came to visit was to enjoy myself a cold delicious Yuengling lager on such a beautiful sunny afternoon. Now if only I had brought the dang charger for my baby monitor, I'd be sitting outside catching some Vit D sunshine while the kiddo's nap. Instead, I'm chillin' in the house in silence, being watched over by two very relaxed doggers (one napping on my Boppy pillow, the other on the overstuffed leather chair). I should be sleeping. Last night the kiddo's didn't sleep well, being in a new place isn't as easy for the babies. V and I shared a queen sized bed, while Mac had her own space in the office... she was up repeatedly, and Vinny was completely unhappy with the idea of sleeping in a 'big bed' and even more agitated about sleeping beside Mama... I figured he'd be excited. Oh well, eventually he fell asleep, and so did I... but not for long. By 7:45 I was up, and of course so was Nana, who had slept on the couch... but the kiddo's finally relaxed and slept until 9. GO FIGURE. So here I am... not taking advantage of a napping opportunity- yet there are six other napping creatures in this house...
Tomorrow we are heading to the zoo, and are lucky enough to get some 'behind the scenes' touring, thanks to EMPLOYEE Aunt Moose (YAY!)... Tomorrow is also my 3 YEAR anniversary for my becoming a NONsmoker. :) Halle-freakin'Luelah! :)
Congrats on 3 smoke-free years: that's HUGE! Lookin' forward to pix with the animals at the zoo where your sister Moose works! Love, Auntie Kris
ReplyDeleteAww...had NO idea it has been 3 years! CONGRATS!! That is HUGE news! I'm Proud of YOU! And I had no idea you blogged while you were here. So Glad you came to visit, come on down any time you like!
ReplyDeleteLove You Bunches!
Aunt Moose
I love the kids in their aunt and uncle's arms. And you're a great writer, it's like being there. I'm sure the Zoo was fun especially with an insider :) Hope to see you all soon.
ReplyDeleteAunt Mindy
Every day at naptime I have 6 snoozing kids and have to fight the zzz's myself. It's so ironic how they fight the nap time and I just WISH someone would force me to lay down for 2 hours.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 3 years....seems like it was just a couple months ago. Once again, another reminder of just how quickly time is marching on.....I'm very proud of you for kicking that habit. A very monumental accomplishment, indeed!
Love to you and yours!