Summertime.
It's here, and it's great.
We are so incredibly busy that I never find myself sitting at the computer, let alone blogging.
I am posting a pic to prove that we are still around!!
We're doing great, Vinny is growing like a weed, he loves it outdoors.
He begs at the door to go out, and cries when I bring him in.
He helps me garden, and loves picking flowers (and anything else that grows).
I have a minute for a quick story.
A couple weeks back, Luke and I participated in a group morel mushroom hunt at Dawes Arboretum. It all started with an instructional session, then the hunt, then a taste test. We had lots of fun! AND... I found the BIGGEST find of the day! So here's a picture of it!
So, after my new found knowledge of mushrooms...
The other day, I'm gardening, and V is nearby, playing in the yard with some of my tools. It had been rainy, and I had noticed earlier that there were a couple of mushrooms (toadstools) growing in the grass near where he was playing. I made a mental note to keep him away from them, and didn't think much more of it than that. As usual, he comes over to me with his usual dirt beard, and I tell him to stop putting dirt and things in his mouth... I notice his fist is clenched around something, so I say "Vinny, do you have a rock? Show Mama." So he comes over and sticks his hand out and shows me the tiniest sliver of a mushroom cap! OMG! My heart about stopped. I am in panic mode. Just as I start panicking, he sticks out his tongue and starts tapping it with his hands.. so I'm thinking, omg, he could be poisoned!! In the end, V was perfectly fine, definitely ate the mushroom, but came out on top. Poison control was wonderful, and called me two times throughout the evening to check up and make sure he was ok. I was super impressed with their diligence.
That is a super huge mushroom you found at Dawes! Impressive! Glad the V-Man is okay. Just make it number one on your list of crazy thing he does...it definitely won't be the last. :):)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pool pic! Wish big pools were warm enought to get into!! Looks like fun! Maybe I should buy a baby pool for my pool garden in the back?!! haha!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
6-inches, eh?
ReplyDelete