Happy birthday to me,
in February!
The week before March, and finally, we were able to take that surprise get-a-way, delayed, from the nasty snow and ice stealing power. Monday afternoon we dropped our little Vinster with his Auntie Tracy, Uncle Kel and the "k"ousins. KJ (the 'original') is a phenomenal helper, not to mention Vinny loves him... V has always loved hanging with with McClures. Anyhow, my Luke planned a secret sneak of time for us down in Hocking Hills. We stayed in a small secluded log cabin, big enough for a full kitchen, bed, & bath.. with a grill and a hot tub overlooking the sticks.
They had prepared for us wine, snack trays, and music... hmm, who's birthday celebration is this?!
We arrive, with our own cooler packed with deliciousness.. cooking is a delight, and we both love great food.
Reminiscent of Topsail, we grilled sweet & spicy bbQ pork.. mmm, it was all delicious, and we were able to slow down the clock for just a moment. Long enough to relax, breathe, and feel peaceful... induced or not. :o)
The front of the cabin hosted a clan of ducks, all different in appearance, but similar in intention. Quacking their way between our porch and the pond, they added a reminder of our place here in the food chain...
and oh, the silent night... secluded, in the woods, and as I'm trying to sleep, it's 3am, now 4am, oh wait, it's 5am, finally... 6am when I finally rise up from the wretched uncomfortable.. thinking of all the horrific moments I shouldn't have watched in movies and on TV. Remembering that no one at all knows where we are (silly surprise...) and once the police realized something had happened, which OMG could take hours after our checkout time, a day away!!) and that it'd take at least a few days for the police to get involved and to finally look at bank statements and trace a charge on our bank card back to the get-a-way rental... and it's location... Finally! We are discovered..
ugh. Did I ruin it the moment for you too?
Ha! ha ha!
I ended up watching the sun come up, and finally found peace for a few hours, on the sofa sleeper. We started crawling around about lunch, and spent the remainder of time in the hills feeling relaxed, wonderful, and as if we were on a real momentary vaca. Then morning, hot tub & coffee for breakfast, and then we found ourselves on the road, retrieving our most thought about little Vinster..
in February!
The week before March, and finally, we were able to take that surprise get-a-way, delayed, from the nasty snow and ice stealing power. Monday afternoon we dropped our little Vinster with his Auntie Tracy, Uncle Kel and the "k"ousins. KJ (the 'original') is a phenomenal helper, not to mention Vinny loves him... V has always loved hanging with with McClures. Anyhow, my Luke planned a secret sneak of time for us down in Hocking Hills. We stayed in a small secluded log cabin, big enough for a full kitchen, bed, & bath.. with a grill and a hot tub overlooking the sticks.
They had prepared for us wine, snack trays, and music... hmm, who's birthday celebration is this?!
We arrive, with our own cooler packed with deliciousness.. cooking is a delight, and we both love great food.
Reminiscent of Topsail, we grilled sweet & spicy bbQ pork.. mmm, it was all delicious, and we were able to slow down the clock for just a moment. Long enough to relax, breathe, and feel peaceful... induced or not. :o)
The front of the cabin hosted a clan of ducks, all different in appearance, but similar in intention. Quacking their way between our porch and the pond, they added a reminder of our place here in the food chain...
and oh, the silent night... secluded, in the woods, and as I'm trying to sleep, it's 3am, now 4am, oh wait, it's 5am, finally... 6am when I finally rise up from the wretched uncomfortable.. thinking of all the horrific moments I shouldn't have watched in movies and on TV. Remembering that no one at all knows where we are (silly surprise...) and once the police realized something had happened, which OMG could take hours after our checkout time, a day away!!) and that it'd take at least a few days for the police to get involved and to finally look at bank statements and trace a charge on our bank card back to the get-a-way rental... and it's location... Finally! We are discovered..
ugh. Did I ruin it the moment for you too?
Ha! ha ha!
I ended up watching the sun come up, and finally found peace for a few hours, on the sofa sleeper. We started crawling around about lunch, and spent the remainder of time in the hills feeling relaxed, wonderful, and as if we were on a real momentary vaca. Then morning, hot tub & coffee for breakfast, and then we found ourselves on the road, retrieving our most thought about little Vinster..
YES! your "turn" in such a serene story really took me by surprise, too hilarious! since U weren't sleeping anyway, too bad U didn't bring along one of those true crime books where all the most horrific stuff takes place in the woods! ah, i will chuckle about this all day - auntie kris
ReplyDeleteKel and I just rented The Strangers....perfect little cabin in the woods murder movie. I love it!
ReplyDeleteV was a treat, as usual. He's at my very favorite baby age and thank the holy stars above the boy sleeps thru the night!!! Whoo-hoo! Of course while he's sleeping in the pack-n-play 3 feet from my bed he's doing his own horror movie scare tactics by scritch-scritch-scratching his little fingernails on the sheets making us cringe and wish I had his baby mittens!!
Any time little sis, we'll keep your little darling. He's quite entertaining.
I love this...and love that you were wide awake with horror thoughts!! I would have done the same thing....but that's where the wine comes in..drink a couple glasses and you should have snoozed through the night!! LOL! I'm glad you guys had a great time!!
ReplyDeleteAunt Moose!!