October 10, 2008







What crazy times..

The chaos on wallstreet, mainstreet, your street, and my street.

Fascinating, to say the least.


Between the lurching market, and the lurking politicians, life is certainly lively. Since I am lucky enough to still have a job, even if I have lost a great percentage of my retirement... I have begun to utilize my travel times. I have finally been turned on to the idea of audio books, after wasting YEARS driving almost two hours per day, to and from work. I am almost finished listening to my first book: "A New Eart: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" by Eckhart Tolle. Quite an amazing book. I am excited to begin my next audio book, another by Tolle, "The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment"... It is such a relief to find value in my drive time, as I have always considered it a waste. Now I am able to make use of the time, with a long lost hobby that I've been wanting to pick up again.. BOOKS!! I am amazed with this book, and believe that I will be forever changed by it- so if you need a read, I highly recommend it...


I got my a replacement-a laptop -this week, and have spent a bit a time dabbling around with it.. I finally uploaded my first batch of pictures (pre-crash)...and I am working to get some posts done, and adding to our flickr album... soon... :) maybe tomorrow morning over my coffee??? we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with the audio book idea as I now find myself with quite a drive to and from work everyday!! Can I borrow your first one when you're done and try it out? The radio is my fav but I'm not learning anything new! LOL!
    ~MUAH~

    ReplyDelete