October 31, 2008



THE TIMES, THEY ARE-A CHANGIN'


Seasons come and go, reminding me of the cycles of and within life.
Here we are, spending the last day of this October.
Gone, time is fleeting- apparently.
Individually, we stand alone, together we stand as one. Within each of us is the exact same thing. Life. Breathing, and being, residing within these bodies that carry us around, cycling through life. I've been finding myself sitting under the same tree for so many journeys; each one winding back to the same shady spot- so I have decided to face these aspects of my existence. I have determined that I am on the edge of a personal evolution, a mental revolution. It has become apparent to me that I have been wasting my mind, my spirit, my energy, and my life on so much negativity. Unconsciously. I have begun to see all of us for the beings that we really are. Spirit, trapped inside of skin and bones, fighting for space with our own egos. Battling for peace. Each of us- no matter how kind or mean, malicious or generous, genuine or false, are all striving for one goal; inner peace. Our egos are in fact puppeteering us through our existence, dancing with and away from the life living within us. Living with an ego is a necessary part of being. It is amazing though, to recognize it for what it is, and look around at all the egos surrounding you.. so many of us live with no spirit, only ego. Living an emotionally charged, and unfulfilled existence, driving us deeper into our own misery. Most of us don't even recognize our own misery as such. But, one must be miserable to feel the constant need to raise themselves on top of others through negativity and malicious intention. On a daily basis, I find myself wondering how and why people spend so much of their time spinning harmful webs around themselves. I am not above it, nor innocent from it, as I fight the same battles as well as different ones within my own life... from the ridiculous driver on the freeway that feels the need to have, create, and be chaos, to the demeaning caller doing me a favor by gracing me with their condescending tone, while they refuse to accept the instruction they've demanded that I provide to them... then there is the constantly agitated coworker, always upset, always beaten down, always neglected, always hurt. Of course there is always a venom spitting personality, scoffing at everyone else, from the righteous pit of their eye, as if their personal differences create some exaggerated pedestal from which they can judge, shredding all external circumstances into fragments of inferiority.
Yet, here each of us exist, in life, through life, and only with life.
Our spirits all equally existing. Equally important breath stabilizing our existence in our physical form. Ego, fluctuating, responds to life, like the blooming and sustaining flower.
I like to jokingly think to myself, the hippies had it right.
Peace, love, happiness.
PEACE.
Peace.
What do you really know, about inner peace?
Subtract your ego, subtract your physical form, subtract religion,
subtract all thought, and belief.
Subtract your 'self' from yourself.
Forget the animated physical form, grounding your existence on this earth.
Only your living inner spirit.
Do you feel peace?

2 comments:

  1. Meg you writing is beautiful but the expansion of your awareness is profound. Is it wonderful to see that you are really "getting" it. And not just on the surface, but in a deeper place. As above so below, thy kindom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Adjusting your focus to the inner beauty of life will manifest itself with external circumstance. In other words, inner transformaton is always followed by outward transformation. Watch and be amazed as life changes to match :)

    JanMan

    ReplyDelete
  2. JanMan, thank you. Not only did you turn on the light for me, you provided me with an energy efficient bulb. ;)

    ReplyDelete