September 24, 2008

Every day- my lovely husband sends me a picture of my V. Today I was lucky, and received three photos. Now I am sharing with you- V just had his five month birthday.. I can hardly believe it.


Monday, was the last day of fall. Here, the furthest edge of summer, in chilled September mornings. Ghost and goblins lurking around each corner- peeking through tattered sheets with cut-out eyes; pumpkins under feet. A black cat crosses, and mysterious murmers rustle through the leaves.


So badly this year I want to host a Halloween party. Each year I think it's a great idea, and yet it passes by, undone. If only the time. My obsession with magazines keeps me a subscriber to a handful of like glossy pages. Martha Stewart "Living" may be my favorite. She is hated and adored by so many- but what a clever, clever cat she is. The October issue is full of frightfully delightful ideas, tempting me once again to conjure up dreams of hosting the most marvelous masquerade on the block- kettle cider over a fire, bobbing for apples, spooky decor, and kiddies galloping around in the yard.

Times are so busy- back to work, miserable, and hiding under looming hours of overtime. We are struggling to tie up the last loose ends on our business deal- forever finding snag after snag... it has come to a few more pieces of red tape, and one last missing lump sum of our down payment. If only we can scrounge up what we need- maybe this boat will finally sail. For almost a decade, this has been my dream.
TO be, or not to BE.
We shall see.
xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck to you!! My plan some day Very Soon...is to win the lottery...and my dear-you and I both will be owning our own businesses! Maybe we'll win enough cash to buy out both our dreams!! Until then...keep your fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this photo! but U say luke sent 3, can we see the other 2? hope your loose ends DO get tied up & that U DO have a halloween party, whether it's martha stewart-worthy or not! will U all be able to make it to the celebration in KY coming up? thanx for being such a fab blogger. love, auntie kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg, why don't we throw a party together? I want to have a Halloween party at the property and just can't seem to get things in order. if we plan together we could have a booish fest! SCARE the poo out of everyone.

    What do you think???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way - that was Beth on the last comment!

    ReplyDelete