August 18, 2008

Oh, baby!

First shots and time to weigh in. Last Monday we went to visit the doc, or at least the doc's staff.. (you never see the doc) for shots, and a check up...
Vincent Dale weighed in at a healthy 16.8 lbs,
over 26 inches long, and head circumference of 17.25 inches...
placing him in the 90th percentile of all babies his age.
He is busy laughing- it is absolutely hysterical to tickle him- and Daddy does the funniest cookie monster attack you'll ever see. He's bouncing, wiggling, and grabbing his way into the next phase. Every day is something new, something better, and something different.
He likes to watch the cats play- and smiles at them when they make eye contact with him. Maybe he'll be an animal lover like his Mommy.
The cats like Vinny and his toys about as much as he likes them. Maybe more than he likes them. They get in all his stuff, car seat included.
Only one time have I ever found a cat in his crib. The other night Vinny woke around 3:30, and when I went in to his nursery to get him, Otis was walking around in his crib. I am guessing that Otis was sleeping at Vinny's feet, and when he began fussing, Otis was ready to hop out.. !!!!
Cousin Zachary- chilling out in Grandpa's recliner. We've been visiting Nana's house more frequently these days, as our washer is broken... it's been fun visiting with family we would otherwise not see as often. As long as my repairman continues to stand me up- Nana may want to start charging for the laundry service she provides to us. Vinny and Zachary were sharing Vinny's toys, and having staring competitions..
They'd were smiling at each other too. My sister Tracy warned me, during my pregnancy, that I would be surprised at how much I could Vinny. She warned that my love for Luke, no matter how great, will not compare with the love I have for my child. She is indeed, correct. Not that I love him more, but my love for my baby is different; incomparable. So the past almost four months 'with baby' have been quite an experience.


2 comments:

  1. YAY, your washer's broken so we get to see pix of zachary as well as vinny! bonus! love, auntie kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Pics! Can't wait to see him again! He's growing up soo fast!
    Love You All To Pieces!!
    XOXOXO
    Aunt Molly

    ReplyDelete