With a belly measuring 44 inches around- and a recent weigh-in placing me approximately 40 pounds heavier than my lovely husband- who by the way, only has a 3o inch waist.. we are anxiously waiting the arrival of little Vincent Dale. All the nursery is together- just no little baby to utilize the newly remodeled space.
In honor of his first established nick name:
thanks to Grandpa Egger, who has been lovingly referring to Vincent at 'Vinegar'...

Real life safari - jungle cats add to the appeal of this little nursery.
In all reality, as soon as we're able to, Vinny and I will be spending our time outdoors, but for his time inside- he'll have furry friends of all sorts to keep him company.

I was lucky enough to score some furniture from Tracy (THANK YOU!!) who claims she will not need it in the future-we'll see about that. As much as I'd love another niece or nephew from their bunch- I'll accept the gift, and we'll use it in the interim ;)
While purging some old highschool memorabilia, I came across my old crayon fish drawing; oddly enough, from the high school art class in which Luke and I met. I thought it was appropriate as decor for Vinny's room.
Prior to remodeling this room, the previous home owners used it for a child as well- big differences now though.. the floor was painted red, ceiling black-purple (glow in the dark stars and all), and almost every peice of trim in the room was painted a different primary color- INSANE. We learned a texturing technique to make working with old plaster much easier, and it turned out beautifully! The green walls (which are a much better green color in person) lend to the safari theme on accident.. but picking up the new trick was much worth it.
Prior to remodeling this room, the previous home owners used it for a child as well- big differences now though.. the floor was painted red, ceiling black-purple (glow in the dark stars and all), and almost every peice of trim in the room was painted a different primary color- INSANE. We learned a texturing technique to make working with old plaster much easier, and it turned out beautifully! The green walls (which are a much better green color in person) lend to the safari theme on accident.. but picking up the new trick was much worth it.
I even made a little bug-barn for Vinny to stare at while he's on the changing table- all inclusive with snakes, slugs, a praying mantis, spiders and other like creatures.. perfectly made- out of plastic. :)









Megan, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursery! The pictures do NOT do it justice, so everyone MUST see it in person! :)
ReplyDeleteThe picture of you at the top of this post is so fantastic! You'll be so happy you took this in about a year!!!!!!!!!!
Love and hugs!
Miss Mindy
i've loved all your before & after remod shots but these are especially precious because they're vincent's room! it looks SO great. i love all the details; thanx for taking so many pix. i love that granpa egger nicknamed him "vinegar" & i agree with miss mindy, the pic of U in the kitchen is priceless. happy bday to miss mindy's "mister"- sharing lyon's bday woulda been a cool choice for vinny but he must like it where he is for the time being :) love, auntie kris
ReplyDeleteWow! As I'm typing this (which I believe you are right now at the hospital....delivering little "Vinegar"), I'm super excited to see the pics of him in his new room! You look great too!! I'm soo glad I got to see you for a quick visit this past weekend! Much love to all three of you and I hope the delivery process is quick and a pain free as possible!!
ReplyDeleteMeg, the room looks great! I think you have more stuff than we had with Benton!! Congrats to you again. You should be coming home from the hospital today!
ReplyDeleteLove, Beth
Funny, I didn't realize this the first time I read this post, but good job on going from a black ceiling to a white one, I bet that was a fun job!!
ReplyDeleteHey! I've been calling him Vinegar too! So how long until Miss Olive (Oyl) going to be joining big brother?
ReplyDelete