February 21, 2008

Yesterday my Papa left for Guatemala, after waiting a whole year to go again... it was like watching a kid waiting outside the candy shop for the closed sign to be flipped to 'open'; telling all the passerby's how great the candy was the last time.. I remember the summer heat this past year, and hearing him make a comparison to the affect that "it's nothing like it was in Guatemala.." I am not sure what is more rewarding: the feeling I get, when I see my Papa, so excited and satisfied .. or the actual sense of accomplishment, and the true satisfaction he feels, in regards to his work there. Either way, he will return in a few weeks, and we get to share in the stories, pictures, and memories.. and talks of going again soon. He is lucky, as he is missing weather here at home that is not worth sticking around for.
So, I had a visit with the midwife yesterday... and as soon as I walked in she says "You look a lot further along than 31 weeks.." the fact that Vincent has dropped so low in my belly has sent me shopping for more maternity clothes.. nothing covers my big round belly! and I am supposed to continue growing for NINE weeks?! I have been telling Luke for the past six weeks or so that I have this gut feeling he may be early.. although I am naive, and have no logical reasoning for making such an assumption. The good news is that there are true numbers telling me that I have only gained three pounds since my last visit, which was on my birthday.. Vincent takes up so much room these days that I can't eat nearly as much as I can eyeball. Which is a relief, considering my Mama felt the need to tell an inquiring friend of mine that I am getting 'tubby'. But hey, at least she had the nerve to tell me she said so, as if it were a compliment. Never in my entire life have I ever been called tubby, but I suppose there is a first for everything. Lovely enough, my husband refuses to agree, leaving all well and alone in the newly established Egger household. As long as he keeps me sane like he promised to, I have faith that it'll all work out in the end.
Speaking of the end, winter is coming to a close, and Spring, a new beginning! I noticed sprouts coming up in my flowerbed this past week; poor things will surely be damaged with tomorrow storm, and it's ice.. March indeed is around a close corner, and Spring is on it's tail.. if I don't keep up, there will be a new family member here before my next posting. :)
Happy Winters ending to all of you, may March come and go easily, as it never does.
I hope everyone is well, happy, and healthy!

4 comments:

  1. Here's to hoping that Vincent comes early!!
    You should come visit to help me do a condo style garden on my balcony...I have NO CLUE what I'm doing!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Old Grandpa Dike? He yelled at a friend of mine when we were babysitting for him, telling her to "...get out of my way, Tubby!" then promptly hit her with his cane. That's the only other person I've heard called Tubby! Hee hee! At least you're pregnant, right. Isn't that supposed to give you an excuse?? :):):)

    I'm sure you're still gorgeous - tubby or not! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "like watching a kid waiting outside the candy shop for the closed sign to be flipped to 'open'; telling all the passersby how great the candy was the last time" I LOVE this analogy, U have such a way with words! this is the 3rd time i've tried to post this comment - hope it works this time & i hope when the mighty vinny arrives he doesn't keep his mama from blogging. love, auntie kris

    ReplyDelete