August 8, 2007

~Jacob's first birthday~


Years and years ago, Amy and I were friends, always in trouble, never up to any good... but we were peas in a pod... That all started over ten years ago.. How many times did we talk about dating brothers?? After losing touch for a couple of years out of highschool...
it turns out that Luke and I run into each other, and began dating (again)... we dated casually in highschool, (my sophomore, his senior) year, and as I predicted, he went on his senior trip, and never called me again... so many things forgotten....
I come to find out that Amy is dating John, his brother... and
six years later...

I was there watching Jake with his 1st birthday cake, and I see the irony in it all.
We're almost sisters.. in law. I'm going to be Jake's Aunt! Wowsers. So strange. Anyhow, we've always ALL said that John and Amy would have adorable babies.. and their first one has set a perfect example...




May the cake eating begin..........




Proud Daddy watching :0)

* * * * *

It was insane, I stayed and helped Amy with the opening of all these toys.. For the record, kids toys are better protected than civilians. It took me something over fifteen minutes to get the first one opened.. and for anyone that has children, grandchildren, neices and/or nephews... kids get way too many toys.... and in the end, his favorite things: the new 'mini' log cabin, and a little fourwheeler... go figure, those two things didn't have all the ridiculous twisty ties, tape, more tape, and more twisty ties... and plastic wrap. Sealed edges, and so on and so forth.

~~~~

Speaking of packages, and those that are better unwrapped.. we had our annual yard sale last weekend... Saturday and Sunday... in the middle of what seems to be our hottest spell yet... feels like it anyhow. The yard sale, we are out there before 8am.. Mamabear and I.. Amy shows up around 9am.. we're all already sweating, and wondering why we are in MY yard, selling JUNK... (wedding fund raiser, by the way) So we put up Amy's canopy, rigged like two blondes did it.. and it's dead. It is so stinkin' hot, no one is showing up. Those that do mention how the little man must be hating the heat... and he was. We ALL were. So what do we do? Well, it is Licking County after all...

after emptying a Rubbermaid tote full of junk... we fill it with nice chilled water..

YAY!

Rigged canopy, junk in the yard, and babies in tubs.. welcome to Jacktown.

1 comment:

  1. Dang it! I should've brought some of my kids over to put in that bucket and sell.....

    ReplyDelete