February 27, 2007

HAPPY TUESDAY it's story time.

Ah, my favorite day of the week. Obviously, it is the last Tuesday in February, which is good for me. It means that in less than two months, tax season will be over. I cannot wait. Three holiday seasons would be more tolerable than tax season.. Although I am lucky this year, and do not have mandatory overtime. I loved the paychecks last year, so it is a double-edged sword, for sure. I've got keep a close eye on my wandering wallet, as we are taking a trip to Vegas soon; partially business, but more pleasure. Neither of us have been there, so it will be a great experience. We are pretty excited about it, and Luke has never flown before, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks. Personally, I love a window seat, but do not love flying so much. Funny stuff, the other day we were discussing items to pack for the trip, and I mention something about certain things having to be in our checked luggage, not carry on. Luke looks at me like I'm crazy and says "What's checked luggage?" OMG.. so funny.... I realized what I was getting into. Good thing our traveling crowd is by majority, a traveling crowd. I hope that I travel more in the future than I have in the past. I've only flown twice, once to Orlando, and once to South Dakota. Air travel is amazing. The first time I flew, I was by myself, my big sister drops me at the airport that morning, less than a month after 9-11. The plane was all but empty... a little girl sat beside me, and tells me each of her parents live in different states, and she flies alone on the weekends to visit. WOW! She was something like 11 years old.. telling me to calm down. LOL. Even better, I had just watched the movie Final Destination (the first one)... and for those of you who have seen it must remember the fold down tray latch not working properly.. the seat I picked OF COURSE has a tray with a broken latch. So, I'm staring out the window onto the runway thinking... I might die. Scared to death. Mind you, I'm traveling to Orlando to see an ex-boyfriend, who I knew would forever be an 'ex'... but hey, to put up with a whiny boy, in exchange for a week of sunshine (FREE) and a shopping spree... what girl could pass it up.... My theory, use the abusers. Of course the flight to Orlando was less than 2 hours, and right after take off, I fall asleep. Wake up 15 minutes prior to landing in FLA. So I experienced the only part of flying that I like, take off, and landing. The rest is for the birds. The second time flying, (to see Moose) was great, I had a layover in Minneapolis. We landed there after nightfall, and the lights were absolutely stunning. I was so excited that it was such a smooth flight all the way there. My trip home, a whole different story. It was miserable. The first flight to MN was OK, and the flight from there home.. well I missed it. Hung over, on 3 hours of sleep, because you know Moose has these Irish friends (need I say more?)... anyhow, I miss this flight, which bewildered me, I still don't understand how it happened. So I am in tears, can't catch a flight for 6 hours, and I'm stuck in the airport feeling terrible. I can't use my debit card, because on my last day of vacation... a $30 dollar bottle of wine from Vino 100 rang my bank account at over $300.. so I'm out of money, hung over, stressed out... it was funny. I was so miserable I didn't bother checking anything out, I found a seat, and watched the travelers. When I finally get on a plane home, on the runway these weird fumes start seeping into the cabin... passengers are freaking out. I am trying not to panic. So the pilot says to us, something to the effect that we shouldn't worry, if something happens there are plenty of runways between here and there. We'll survive. Later saying the fumes were due to the brakes, and it was a problem that they were aware of. Weird, the whole thing was weird. So the plane takes off and I am already nauseous. Needless to say, I am hoping our Vegas trip is as smooth as possible. We have a layover in LA, and I am trying to talk Luke into "missing" our flight, and arranging a visit with a fantastic Aunt and Uncle that live nearby. I'm still twisting an arm on that one though... just one more day?!

1 comment:

  1. Listen, time is passing by fast enough without you fast forwarding past an entire month.

    Great story tho, I like Storytime Tuesdays.

    Miss ya like crazy,
    Trace

    ReplyDelete